Welcome to Solidex guides
This is your source of info for all things Solidex Finance.
Getting started on Solidexfinance.com is extremely simple. All you need is a cryptocurrency wallet like Metamask, to interact with the dAPP. Because Solidex is on Fantom you will need some Fantom (FTM) to execute transactions, because FTM is used to pay gas fees. Please ensure that you have a balance of FTM on your digital or hardware wallet that you plan to use on Solidex.
If you do not have any Fantom (FTM) you will need to purchase some from a centralized cryptocurrency exchange that serves your region. If you need help with finding an exchange to purchase Fantom (FTM), we encourage you to ask one of our helpful community members in our Telegram or Discord server.
Once you and your wallet are ready, go to Solidexfinance.com, enter the app and connect your wallet to get started!
Setting up your wallet
When you go to Solidexfinance.com, enter the app and click "Connect Wallet", you will see a list of wallet options to choose from. To keep it simple, this guide will show you how to set up a MetaMask wallet and get the Metamask extension on your desktop.
Setting up MetaMask 101
- Head over to https://metamask.io.
- Download and install the MetaMask version compatible with your browser.
- After it finished downloading, click "Get Started".
- Click "Create a Wallet."
- Agree or disagree to information collection.
- Create your password (You won't need a username!).
- You will be given your backup phrase, also known as your "private key," which is made up of 12 words. It is good practice to write this down somewhere safe and never show or tell anyone these words. Anyone who has this phrase can access your assets and do as they please with them. So don't ever give it to anyone!
- Congratulations, your wallet has successfully been created! Your account number or wallet address will look something like this: 0x8Df5694Fd31D6Ec9EFcCE80E48d791C0c64899f4 or as seen in the photo below: 0x8Df...99f4. If you click on this number (abbreviated below "Account 1"), your computer will automatically copy the address.
- As you might have noticed on the right side of the screen we're connected to the "Ethereum Mainnet" not to "Fantom". To simplify the process you can automatically connect to the Fantom network. All you need to do is go to Solidexfinance.com and click "Switch to Fantom Opera".
- MetaMask will ask you to "Approve" adding the Fantom network. It is good practice to read the details before approving. After approving it will ask you to "Switch Network", please proceed.
Congratulations, you have successfully connected your MetaMask wallet to the Fantom Network🎉!
Connecting your wallet to Solidex
- Go to Solidexfinance.com.
- Click "Not Connected" in the top right corner.
- Select MetaMask then it will automatically connect to Solidex.
- You will now see your wallet address in the top right corner.